So what did I do whilst bundled up inside my apartment today? Obviously what any girl would do who has a lot of arts and craft supplies, a craving for dessert and a pretty tight “fun” budget.
1. Made a phenomenal bowl of oats this morning: 1/3 cup oats + 1/4 cup soy milk + 1/4 cup water + a few heavy shakes of cinnamon (my most commonly used spice…use it every. single. day.) + 1/2 apple (chopped) + small spoonful cashew nut butter + 2 tbsp homemade “Chinoa” granola. Hearty oatmeal makes me happy : )
2. Crafted (sewed, painted, embroidered)…yes if you were wondering, I did prick my finger A LOT and my hands are somewhat stained blue.Worth it.
3. Caught up on New Girl! Jessica Day, you get me every time.
4. Made up a cookie recipe (Crunchy Coconut Craisin Macadamia Nut Cookies) and baked them. Bam.
(don’t worry, I will post the recipe soon)
5. Continued reading Bossypants by Tina Fey. Absolutely laugh-out-loud funny!
6. Made another batch of my face wash/mask. Literally sooo easy, cheap and made with whole, edible (schwaaaaaat!?!?!) ingredients. Honestly, my face has responded really well and I no longer have to buy regular face wash, which is a huuuuge bonus in terms of my checking account. It is also awesome to know that there are no chemicals or irritants in something that I use so frequently. Double awesome!
– 1 tbsp local honey
– 1 tbsp lemon juice OR orange juice ( I use lemon)
– 1 tbsp baking soda
1. Combine all ingredients in a container that you can store in the refrigerator. Mix well!
2. If using as a face mask, apply a thin layer of the “solution” all over your face. Let it dry for 15-20 minutes. To remove, dampen fingertips with water and massage face gently with small circular motions (sort of like an exfoliating scrub). Then rinse face with cold water.
3. If using as a regular wash, dampen face with water and then apply the wash by gently massaging it onto your face and then immediately rinse off with water.
Hope everyone is having a great week! I am going to D.C. this weekend for my birthday so hopefully I will have some new restaurant reviews upon my return OR just a lot of pictures of the food I ate aka the usual.
One thought on “Snow Day…In March?”