I cannot believe that it has taken me this long to realize how easy it is to make your own ice cream!! Thanks to this recipe, it became very apparent to me that I would be silly not to take advantage of my ice cream maker ASAP.
The simplicity of this recipe is unreal and the final product is a taste-riffic, strawberry explosion in your mouth. Simple and whole ingredients, rich and creamy yumminess, this recipe has it all! Oh and by the way, for all you dairy sensitive and non-dairy eaters, it is YOU friendy 🙂
– 1 1/2 cups frozen whole strawberries
– 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
– 1 (15oz) can lite coconut milk
– 3 tbsp raw sugar
1. Place ice cream maker canister in the freezer for at least 8 hours or overnight.
2. Once your ice cream canister is ready (frozen), combine all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Pour ingredients into the ice cream canister and set in ice cream maker. Run until the ice cream maker stops or about 15 minutes. The ice cream should be thick and creamy at this point.
4. Grab a spoon and enjoy…add some dark chocolate chips and toasted coconut if you dare!
5. Don’t forget to place extra ice cream in a freezer safe container.
Seriously, soooo easy! Use a different fruit, add a fun spice, mix in some nuts and customize your own.