Oatmeal is the best. That being said, I eat it pretty much every day for breakfast. To try to avoid complete monotony, I like to change up what I add to the oats. I use different fruits, spices, nuts, nut butters, seeds and sometimes even sprinkle something a little “richer” into the mix (cocoa powder, shredded coconut, 1 baby square of super dark chocolate, etc.). I do not get fresh pineapples often, so I thought it would be a nice addition this week to my “oaty-oats” (as my sister so fondly refers to them).
– 1/3 cup oats
– 1/3 cup pineapple (plus a little of juice that was still in the container)
– 1/8 cup mango Chinoa granola
– 1/4 cup soy milk (or you could use light coconut milk for a richer flavor)
– 1/4 cup water (or a little less depending on how thick you like your oats)
– 1 tsp wheat germ
– 1 tsp hemp seed
– 1/4 cup sliced bananas
– 1 tbsp shredded coconut
– 1 tbsp chopped macadamia nuts
1. Combine the oats, pineapple, soy milk and water in a bowl or a mug and microwave for 2 minutes.
2. Once you have removed the oatmeal from the microwave, sprinkle the granola, banana, coconut, macadamia nuts, wheat germ and hemp seed on top. Grab a spoon and dig in!
|“Success begins with oats and black coffee” – A wise man|