As promised here is the cookie recipe I talked about a few weeks ago that was so scrumptious (I apologize for my lateness)…work has been really busy and by the time I get home I am wiped out and heading for bed immediately.
– 1/8 cup vegetable oil (you can pretty much use any oil you prefer or substitute with apple sauce)
– 1/8 cup maple syrup (grade A)
– 1/4 tsp almond extract
– 1 cup oats
– 3/4 cup shredded coconut
– 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
– 1/4 cup craisins
– 1/2 cup almond flour
– 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1. I think I preheated the oven to 350°
2. Combine all of the wet ingredients in one bowl and the dry ingredients in another.
3. Slowly stir in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until everything is evenly mixed to make a “dense”-ish dough.
4. You can mold the dough into 1 inch balls and then press down flat (with the back of a spoon) onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet OR you can press the dough into a spoon to make a “madeleine” like cookie shape.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes (depending on how hot your oven gets, I would check it at 10 and see if it is the consistency you like).
6. Let cool and enjoy the biscuit-cookie monster creation you have made ; )