– 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (~ 1 medium)
– 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
– 1/4 cup butter, softened (you could use vegetable oil instead)
– 1/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 large egg
– 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (you can also substitute with 3/4 cup all-purpose and 1/2 cup of wheat flour)
– 2 cups old-fashioned oats
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat over to 350°
2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add egg; beat well.
3. Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
4. Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture in a bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls (2 inches apart) onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray (I just put down parchment paper). Bake for 15-18 minutes (depending on how how your oven gets) and then remove from the oven. Let them cool on wire racks and dig in!!