Although I strive to regularly eat food that is both natural and nutritious, every once in a while I feel it is important to indulge. One of my food weaknesses is buffalo chicken dip. I love the tangy sauce and the gooey cheese combination so much, I am pretty sure I could finish a party sized dish if persuaded. However, I do know that aside from the chicken, there is nothing nutritionally redeeming about this dip. So, I figured I would make a few modifications and create a dish that would pack the same flavor, but not as much of the fat or calories. It is not the most beautiful dish, but boy was it delish : )
– 1 whole wheat wrap
– 1/2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 tsp sea salt
– 2-3 oz diced chicken (boiled or grilled)
– 1/8 cup mozzarella cheese
– 1 tbsp greek yogurt
– 1 cup romaine lettuce
– 1 tbsp reduce fat blue cheese dressing
– 1 tbsp buffalo hot sauce
1. Preheat oven to 300° ( I used the convect bake setting). Then lay your wrap on a baking sheet, spread the olive oil evenly all over the wrap and sprinkle with sea salt.
2. Cut wrap into 8 sections and place in oven for about 10 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
3. Mix the greek yogurt, buffalo hot sauce and blue cheese in a bowl. Add the chicken pieces to the bowl and coat each piece completely with the sauce.
4. Sprinkle cheese over the chicken and microwave for 30 seconds.
5. Remove the “chips” from the oven and place on a plate.
6. Arrange the lettuce and buffalo chicken in whatever way you’d like and enjoy!