I have been very much craving a Greek inspired wrap and seeing as though yesterday was my sister’s last lunch at home before she went back to D.C., I thought it’d be appropriate to make enough for two. However, although they turned out to be absolutely delicious, in my hungry haze, I totally forgot to add the red onions and spinach to my wrap…woops!
– 1/2 medium cucumber (sliced width wise)
– 1 medium tomato
– 2-3 cups of spinach (for a wrap and salad)
– 1/4 cup greek yogurt
– 1/2 lemon
– 2 tsp dill
– 3 pieces of grilled chicken (I had leftovers from Father’s day)
– 1/4 cup diced red onions
– wheat pita or tortilla
1. First and foremost, always make sure to wash your produce! Next, grab a cutting board and cut the cucumber and tomato width wise and then dice your red onion.
(Yes I realize I have chicken next to raw vegetables; however, it is cooked, so no worries of cross contamination)
2. Now cut your chicken into thin cubes and proceed to making the sauce
1. Combine the yogurt, dill and squeeze the juice out of your lemon directly into your bowl and stir.
2. Add the chicken cubes to the sauce and mix until each piece is covered in the sauce.
3. If I had remembered everything, I would have placed the spinach down first on my whole wheat tortilla, then the cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions and finally my chicken/sauce mixture.
4. Once everything is on your wrap (preferably pushed more to one side or the other) fold the left and right sides over just a little, begin to roll your it opposite of where the ingredients are until it is snugly packed.
5. Feel free to secure with toothpicks, cut down the middle and dig in!