Starting about a year ago I started making smoothies as a varied breakfast option (one that was easy to take on the go) and it turned into an every day habit. The smoothies I concoct make sure to incorporate a source of fruit (fresh or frozen), dairy, protein, complex carbohydrates and water (feel free to use ice). This particular recipe is my go to:
– 1 medium sized banana (or 3/4 of a large banana)
– 1/4 cup raspberries
– 1/4 cup blackberries
– 1/4 cup quick oats oatmeal
– 1/4 cup greek yogurt (I prefer Chobani plain yogurt)
– 1 1/2 cups of water
1. Place all of the ingredients into your blender of choice.
2. Now choose your preferred setting, which determines the consistency of your smoothie. I like my smoothies to be relatively thin so I tend to pick “liquefy” but “puree” works too.
3. Blend away!
4. Now pour into your favorite cup, add a fun straw and enjoy : )